Old 06-10-2005, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BroTrouble
X Brain & Body Destroyer

Unhappy Brother w/fractured head & ribs & tied down in hospital for withdrawls!! HELP

Quick, I need advice!!! I have no idea what to do!!
My brother Brad is in Hawaii hospital since last Thursday. He's 49, a painting contractor and a life-time drinker. He lives in CA, he just got to Hawaii to work on a resort there. He had a seizure on top of a two story ladder, fractured ribs and split his head open.
His wife here in CA has kicked him out, mom is very ill, and I'm the only one who can attempt to help from CA. He's broke, hurt and now jobless.
Brad has been restrained: hands and feet in the ICU. The nurses say he is having a hard time with alcohol withdrawls. I talked with him yesterday and he was babbling like an idiot (7th day). Great! Why are they drugging him up so much?

Anyone have information on whether a rehab treatment will take him in if he does not have a permenant island address? He has no money. And how would I go about that process?

He has no where to go if he comes back to Orange County, he completely burned all his bridges here.

I'm in a quandry about what the steps are BEFORE rehab. Personally, I think he should go through this part all by himself. I'm upset at him because his problems have become my problems-AGAIN, I feel sorry for him that his brain has been mushed by paint fumes and then I feel sad for him and try to tell him that God is holding his hand and walking with him. I tell myself, that God is holding my hand too during this time of despair.

I'll check back on Monday to see if anyone has responded.
Please email me if you have any ideas of what I should do!