View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
PurpleDan

MindRacer, go tell your sponsor that you've been relapsing. They're not gonna "fire" you right there and then, if at all. But you will get nowhere if you keep lying to them...you'll be wasting your time and theirs. A good sponsor isn't going to judge you...he or she will understand that it's a disease and that it's cunning, powerful and baffling.

We come to AA to save our asses, not our faces. Do you want a slow and painful death, or do you want recovery? The hand of AA is there for you if you want to reach out and grab it. It doesn't care that you've relapsed and are lying about it. It only cares that you're reaching out for it and it will pick you up and carry you until you can stand on your own two feet, if you're willing.

When I was new, almost 18 years ago, what go me through those cravings and obsessions was prayer. At that point, it didn't matter whether or not I believed in something and whether or not I thought anything existed. I was at my wit's ends and willing to go to any lengths. And all I did was pray to have the obsession to use/drink removed. And it worked.