Thread: book The Shack
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zjw

book The Shack

I think it might have been Dee who recommended I read this book probably in referenece to me griping about my abusive step father.

I put the book on my list and let it sit there for a while. as i read other books till i mustered up the courage to decide if i wanted to go there.... anyhow I finally got it.

The first night reading it i went ot bed only to have a dream that my daughter got abducted and i had a panic attack upon waking and felt like i was going to go puke. I almost didnt finish the book after that worried I would not be able to handle the subject matter.

But i spent the day collecting myself and managed to pick it back up the next night.

Anyhow I just finished it and thought it was a great book. I think I can see my step father more as a human and less as some phsyco monster as a result of reading this book. I can see how he probably didnt know any better for his own actions and it probably was not exactly his fault he was the monster he was.

But as for forgiving my stepfather I have to say I'm not there yet. I know I know its horrible. But i thought about it last night and thought ya know i thnk i'm certainly closer I certainly have more understanding but I'm not sure i'm ready to give him that pass yet. Its almost as if i'm not capable.

I hope in time i'll be able to release him.

regardless its a good read I liked the book a fair amt and will recomend it to others.