View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
lilac0721

Good morning, all!

Welcome, Gjess!

Congrats on 14 days, beerbgone! That is awesome!

Icewater - I've heard good things about the C25K program. It is really cool to read about other people here who want to incorporate fitness into their routines!
I realized after racing a 5k on Saturday (actually, a little over 5K) as part of a relay triathlon team that cutting alcohol out of my life will dramatically improve my fitness. I kept thinking, "what if I hadn't binged 3 days the week before this race? How fast would I have been able to run?" BIG motivation for me to stay alcohol-free right there!

Today starts day 4. The past 3 haven't been too hard - felt icky on Friday, had the race on Saturday, yesterday liquor stores were closed. Today, my husband will be at work, liquor stores will be open, and I will be stuck with myself and my thoughts. Have to keep busy.

Plan: journal as needed (already did first thing this am). Go for a walk (can't run today, after the race on Saturday and attempting a long run yesterday, my legs need a break, and I have both a group run and bike ride scheduled for tomorrow), do yoga, work on my job search. I will likely be checking in here quite a bit.