View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bexxed

Since I accidentally posted here, I'll reply to the original post. I had sweats when I actually did drink; maybe the first night too, but not since, so I can't offer anything. On the work front though, I can. I've managed to do this during a pretty crazy time at my already pretty stressful and demanding job. What I've done is drink way more water and coffee than I have since college, and almost forcibly at times reminded myself that the stress triggers to drink are actually just real life. Maybe this is just something personal for me but I feel like it might be something we all share a little bit. And real life is an imperfect gift that we have to get to know. It has good and bad. The good is, for me, not hung over mornings, my bank account growing, my cat being adorably annoying, my dishes getting done, my eyes looking clear, my communication at work getting better. The bad is deadlines, this angry spiteful old lady I work with, juggling ten things at once, the ramifications of an (honest) mistake I made at work a few months ago..... Drinking did not change the bad things in life but it did make the good seem bad. (Sorry for all the "good/bad") Anyway, if I'm making sense, what I hope you get from it is that holding the perspective, one day at a time, can help with dealing with work stuff. If you can. If your experience is like mine is, so far. It's not that easy, but when I keep it, I feel more sane than I have in years, which is not a euphoric feeling really... But a very powerful kind of grounded feeling. Take care and hang in there. -B