View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Incontrol15

Excellent!!

Lots of good advise and I'll have to also get behind the water wagon. It really does help. Just make sure you are taking care of the basics to sustain life or your experience is that much harder.

Water
Vitamins
B-vitamin supplement is essential for alcoholics. Healthy food
Fruit
Veggies

Dark chocolate is also a life savor. Your body is used to running in thousands of empty calories. Dark chocolate was an amazing pick me up.

I also didn't worry about "meals" at first. Instead i ate throughout the day. It helps maintain glucose levels and therefor energy and positive mood.

Pray or meditate goes a long way too.

What your going through is hard. There's no joking about it. But the bottom line is....alcohol has caused it. It's evil at soooo many levels.

All you have to do is get through acute withdrawals and you'll be fine. The better you take care of your body and mind, the quicker and easier the WD's become.

Many people would have caved by now and given up. You haven't and that says A LOT. That says you're serious about living a NORMAL life. One without suicidal thoughts, major depression, or severe anxiety. One without lying to everyone around you and one where you're PROUD of yourself. Go for it!!