View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 08:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
NoHope

Thanks so much for your response. I was a pretty heavy drinker prior to getting pregnant the first time. With my son, I took the opportunity to stop. I think I had a glass of wine while out to dinner maybe once a month. I felt good, I looked good, and after the baby came, I was so overjoyed with my new life that I didn't even feel like going back to heavy drinking. But after about a year, I fell back into my bad habits. Never got quite as bad as before but I was on my way. I was thrilled to be pregnant again becuase I was looking forward to the excuse to stop drinking and feel good again. It just hasn't happened the way I hoped it would. I think every single day about how I can't wait to have this baby so I can have a real drink - something with Vodka in it.

I am so ashamed I just can't bring myself to tell my doctor. I know I need to and I tell myself I will at every visit. Then I hear the heartbeat, get the OK on growth and weight gain, and I just don't say anything.

I will be so thankful if nothing is wrong with my baby. I have to do better in my life. I really do. It is hard to make a huge change. I will have a toddler and an infant to take care of. I hope that jerks me in the right direction.