View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 08:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

Honestly, I think your baby will be okay. Though any amount of alcohol should be avoided I don't think the quantities you drank, if in fact that is the amount you drank will cause any damage. Before we knew of the effects of alchohol women would be able to safely drink one or two glasses of wine a few times a week.

If really concerned you should discuss it with your doctor though. I was 3 months pregnant with my first child before I knew, I was a beer drinker and consumed a heck of a lot more than what you describe at about 6 months I overdid it at a party, now this was before we knew alcohol was tabu with pregnancy. With my son there was two occassion in early pregnancy I drank about 4 beers on one occassion and 6 on the other. I most certainly DO NOT condone this behavior, call me young and stupid at the time. Both my children are just fine, both honor roll students, healthy, and have never had any major child hood illness or problems, except chicken pox. So though I would use your fear and learn from it and absolutly 100% abstain from this point on, I don't think you've caused any major harm but only your doctor can answer for sure.