View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Weasel1966
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by caliredHead View Post
This will be my first weekend ( entering day 4 ) for as long as I can remember I have been drinking. My partner drinks also, not as much as I do. But I am afraid this is part of our life together. I want to do this so bad, but I am lost. This sounds strange but I don't know who I am its been so long.
A big fat welcome caliredHead. First post on SR. Glad you are here.

Let me tell you that I was the same way when I arrived here. My partner and I drank and drugged. I did not know who I was. I felt trapped and alone.

Please stay close to SR and read read read. I learned so much that made me understand I was not alone and there are ways to overcome how I was feeling. You can too.

This is the weekender thread. Love to have you stick around this weekend and have some sober fun with us.

Also know that the main forum gets the most attention. Be sure if you need a wider audience that it's good to post there as well.

What are you plans? How will you stay sober when your partner drinks? This was always tough for me. Are you both able to take this on at the same time? Notice I did not say together. Being sober is a solitary effort from the inside out. Get support from others but don't let your staying sober be dependent on their staying sober.

Welcome again,

Ken