View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 10:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
MelindaFlowers

I've found that the people around me don't care that I don't drink. I mean not at all. I should add that I don't really know any alcoholics. I do know two though. One does not care that I'm not drinking and the other said my problem was that I was drinking cheap alcohol when I told her the reason I stopped is because it made me feel like dirt the next day. After about 45 seconds of questions, she never asked again.

All of my friends have seen me in a blackout at least once over the years. Others have seen me in blackouts a half dozen times. These including weeping, screaming, uncontrollable anger, and any other obnoxious behavior you can think of.

So that said, they don't ask why I stopped drinking. They know. I truly don't think any of them knew just how much I drank because I drank at home, alone 99% of the time but they knew I had a drinking problem. No question. I was that person at many parties over the years and they witnessed it all.

My mother didn't ask me if I had stopped drinking until I was sober a year. I guess the opportunity just never came up to ask. My best closest friend (who lives in a different state but had visited) also asked me around a year of sobriety.