Thread: And I'm Back
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hexx

And I'm Back

I guess I am not a special snow flake after all....

Reader's Digest Version: AH arrested for DV in Dec 2012. He got out and we reconciled. Honeymoon period lasted for 1 year while he was on probation. Last week of probation he started drinking again. Fast forward to increased daily drinking which, of course, lead to increasing verbal, sexual, and physical violence. The increased violence led to increased isolationism...to the point he didn't want me taking our daughter to the store with me in case she said anything at the wrong time which might trigger someone to start looking behind closed doors.

Fast forward to Father's Day Weekend and he goes on a 3 day binge that ends up with him punching my so many times in the lower back that he broke my tail bone, tried to break my fingers, then tried to cut them off with scissors and stab me in the back of the hand. He threw me to the floor and tried to stab me in the back of the head. I had to have my 19 yr old son call 911. My 7 yr old daughter witnessed the whole thing and filled out a police report.

It took a SWAT team 45 minutes to get him out of the house once the kids and I climbed out of a bedroom window to get away from him.

He is looking at 5 felony charges.

This time around I have gotten a restraining/no contact order (the judge amended it so he could call and talk to our daughter). I have packed up all of his stuff and put most of the boxes in the garage. My daughter is in therapy and my son and I got in two weeks (It took over a month to get an appointment). The State's Attrny's office is on speed dial and have sworn statements from me and the kids.

I'm not living in "what if" land this time. I keep pictures of the bruises on my phone to remind me why I am doing this. I am keeping all of his messages to other women (as sick as they are) to remind me why I am doing this. I look at my kids and how hurt, but finally happy, they are to remind me why I am doing this.

He got his second chance...and he blew it.