Thread: Thankful
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Katchie

Thankful

This month will mark the 8th month since I lived with my AH. Our divorce is just about to be finalized. I'm waiting for the final decree to be written, which should be ready to read by the end of next week. As soon as that is completed and agreed to, I'll be in front of a judge for less than 5 minutes to testify and it will all be done. I'd like to say over, but as all of you know who were married to an alcoholic and have children together, its never really "over". However, my peace-o-meter is wagging way up there and I'm so very thankful. I'm thankful for this summer to spend healing. My alimony/child support has afforded me a little time to heal and find myself. I'm thankful for new beginnings, too, even if things are not perfect.

I know many of you are stuck in awful situations and fear keeps you from doing what you know needs to be done to self protect. I could kick myself for allowing fear to take such a hold over my life. Truth is, it is a journey and a journey that I'm thankful for because it has taught me what I'm able to handle showing me how strong I truly am even though at the time I was living in the middle of such pain and fear I didn't recognize my strength. Just think about all that each of you have persevered -- you ARE strong! Maybe you haven't realized it just yet, but you will one day and find many thanksgivings.

I think of you all often...much love and hugs!!!