View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

There really is a lot of good veggies and fruits being produced. It's sad how we all take for granted what we always had until we don't. My FIL always had a spectacular truck patch, which here in the Southern US means a largish garden. His was about 150 feet by 100 feet. He grew Rutabaga, Purple top turnips, Okra, Tomatoes, Yellow Squash, Zucchini, Purple Hull Peas, Muscadyne Grapes, Figs, Giant Pears the size of a Grapefruit, Mustard Greens, Cucumbers, and other odds and ends. This year just the pears. With his wife terminal, and his mind failing along with his body, he won't be doing well at all. The family is doing all they can. My job is to stay here and deal with the construction and keep the RV and the pups in shape and cool. My SH is gone over there most of the time taking care of her mom, and having her last quality time with her. (For the newcomers, SH = Significant Harassment, my term of in-dear-meant that she likes, and is our backlash to all the insincere dear wife or dear husband bandied about the Internet) I'm fine with that and go over every few days to visit with MIL. She is so happy to see me, and was thrilled when both my boys, her grandsons, both flew down from Iowa and Colorado to visit with her a last time.

My job just got busier as the new house is being brought in tomorrow. I am so glad I custom ordered it with 2X6 walls floors and ceilings and polar insulation package. Looks like we will need it year round. So we should be moving in a few weeks from now.

Glee,
Managers are a necessary evil and use the resources, money, people, material. Leaders inspire. Sorry you have doubts about his/her motives. Perhaps asking directly and appropriately, offering to help if possible? I am retired precisely so I no longer have to suffer fools gladly, nor watch others doing the same.

Jon Stewart is no longer bringing me the news via "The Daily Show." His comedy took a backseat to his humanity showing through as he took on the right wingnuts. While his pretend news became real and built a following among the young and young at heart. I'm in the second group who miss him already. Meanwhile Faux news, who pretended to be news became a sick entertainment that titillates the nut jobs out into the open, and validates them!

Wolf,
I wondered if anyone caught that.

I am tired of camping out in the RV. Despite a nice new memory foam mattress, we both will be glad to get our bed and its gel foam mattress along with a full size office. Traveling a fifth wheel is a palace on wheels. Stationary it is merely substandard housing.

Today is Windows update day. Make sure if you have Windows 7 to also get the new Flash update as it has a big security patch too.

TTYL!