View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RDBplus3

Hello Mary

If you are doing AA meetings ... at the end of Step 2 in the 12 & 12 book, it basically states that every AA meeting (well most at least) is proof that God can, and will, restore us to sanity. That doesn't mean our opinion of everyone at every meeting is positive, it means that the meetings are PROOF that many people's lives have been transformed from the state of Pitiful & Incomprehensible Demoralization, to a life free from the Alcoholic Insanity of drinking their lives to destruction.

Also, when something in ME is agitated, I need to look inside and determine what in ME is churning the agitation, because my default behavior when I am out-of-whack is to Self-Medicate, which leads to the state of Pitiful & Incomprehensible Demoralization.

1. Admitted my Powerlessness over Alcohol, and in my ability to effectively run my own life.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than My Self could restore me to sanity - because I saw that other people's lives had been transformed to be FREE from the Obsession & Craving & Destructiveness of alcohol's abuse, which was wreaking havoc in my life.
3. Made a DECISION to turn my Will and my Life over to the care of God - as I would Set-Aside my concept of whatever that may be, and allow WORKING THE PROGRAM to bring a NEW revelation of my Creator in me.
4 . Launched into the PROGRAM - no time for letting my petty frustrations continue to CONTROL me.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous, and FREE ... and YOU are on the path, stick with it until the MIRACLE happens ...