View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 10:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
mystified
love is the answer

Thank you friends.

After having a good talk to my other half last night and a really deep sleep I feel much better today. Part of recovery is learning to feel feelings and not chase them away with a substance right? I think I can check that box. (Unless you count chocolate as a 'substance' but it was only a bit!)

I'm still learning new things about myself every day but I try to approach that with interest and loving kindness rather than fear. I think that is the biggest change I've noticed in recovery, and the greatest challenge too. Finding peace is my goal and working through these feelings rather than escaping from them is part of the plan.

Spirit, be a 'sap' and be proud. The world needs more thinking, feeling men like you.

Secretary, yes, I tend towards empathy (I guess one of the reasons I started drinking in the first place) and I get 'vibes' from everyone I meet. Sometimes strong, sometimes weak but it's always there. It's both a blessing and a curse. It's why I'm relieved to be working in admin rather than in the refuge. If I reacted like that over letters, I'd be useless in the refuge. And I'd get emotionally involved-I wouldn't know how NOT to. Thats not healthy for them or for me.

Love you all