View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
AllieKat

Hi, I'm new to this thread. I'm trying to get a little bit more exposure to some additional groups on SR and this thread has been inspiring to read through. I didn't go back very far but it's nice to see someone complete a year sober. I don't know anyone in my life who has ever done that so it is inspiring to see.

A little about me for those of you who don't know me...

I'm 38, been drinking regularly since I was 18 or so. First experience with sobriety was January 2012...56 days. Second was October 2014...28 days. Third was May 2015...35 days. Fell back into the weekend drinking pattern in mid June and still trying to work that out within myself due to an actively drinking husband.

I am active on the May 2015 and August 2015 threads and looking for some more inspiration on this thread. :-)

I hope to someday get to the point where alcohol is no longer a focus point in my life. I wish I was the girl who could socialize without feeling like alcohol is a necessity to make me feel like socializing.

I know the benefits of sobriety since I've done it and I cherish every sober day.