View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
1dayaddatime

Originally Posted by Renegade2 View Post
Hi.

I've been reading a lot about alcohol recovery and most say that find a group, talk to your doctor, or anything involving people face to face. I can't do that - the shame and regret is too much to handle.
Luckily there's internet and this forum. Today was the day. I registered and want to quit my addiction.
I have a problem and I know it. No more pretending it's not there. But at the same time, the people around me won't have to deal with it. To them, hopefully, I'm just a guy that can handle booze. I'm not, I'm more than that. I drink every single meal. Sometimes before meals too. And this can't be normal or right.
Today I felt terrible after yesterday drank a whole bottle of red wine as lately been the norm. I have pain on my liver area, so I hope today is the day - the day I quit for good.

Hope to start here a journal so I can read it in the future and hopefully, with God's will, I'll look back and read the progress I made.

Wish me luck.
Hang tough Renegade! We'll get there! Be determined! Anything worth having, normally isn't easy. As for that pain, you might wanna see a doctor and be open about your drinking so he/she can treat you properly. Good my friend and check back on SR often. The support here is amazing. We're all in this together.