View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 03:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
benefits

Just an update for anyone interested, I picked my son up at the sitter yesterday and for the first time in 2 years I got a bad report. She said and these are her exact words "I don't know what was wrong with him today - he was awful". She said he was grumpy all day, didn't want to participate, started games then wanted to quit half way through, refused to eat his afternoon snack, etc. She asked him what is wrong but he wouldn't talk to her, she asked if he has a problem with one of the other kids or with her or whatever. As soon as I got there he went out to the car while I talked to her so when I get to the car he has an attitude and I ask him what is wrong. Of course he tells me nothing he just doesn't like going to this babysitter. Of course he didn't mind going there before but now that daddy has had a chance to work on him and tell him how he could go to Caleb's mommy but I won't let him, etc. etc. So I told my son that his behavior is not acceptable and that there is no way he is going to be switching babysitters no matter how bad he acts out at the current sitter. So he asks why he can't go to Caleb's mom and I told him that I am the mommy and I need to do what is best for him and I don't feel that going to Caleb's mom would be the best thing for him. He asked why and I said I just don't think it is the best situation and I'm not going to discuss it any further and he totally dropped the subject and was pleasant the rest of the night. Of course he will be back at his dad's house after T-ball tonight so we'll see how long the pleasant mood lasts.