View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
BlackSabbath
Broken Heart of Gold

Awww, I feel for you because you sound like a caring, compassionate guy.

Please don't allow her to destroy those great qualities. That's what will happen if you take her back. It's amazing how cunning the disease...it keeps us hooked by retreating every once in a while, then - BAM! - it returns with a vengeance and we get burned worse that the time before.

I'm going through something similar with my axbf. He has totally abandoned us - he knew I wasn't happy with his ****** behaviour. Instead of doing anything about it and actually admitting responsibility, he blames me for things. I don't want to live like that anymore. I got really bored with waiting for him to come home at 2am on a Wednesday (I dealt with that too), bored with him being a jerk to me and bored of being disappointed all the time. I'll always love him, but I need someone who's first love is our family and not coke or booze.

I hope you get bored with the addict's antics. You're selling yourself short if you stay with her because you deserve so much better! You deserve a person capable of having healthy relationships, and addicts don't even have healthy relationships with themselves so they sure as hell cant have one with anyone else.

Work on your own recovery and everything will fall into place as it should. Good luck to you