View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
KeyofC

I had to come across reading this for everything to hit home with me finally (along with the mishaps drinking brings)
"It is not how much you drink, nor how long you have drank that determines if you are an alcoholic, it is what happens to you after that first drink that determines if you are an alcoholic."

I have suspected for many years I may have a problem with alcohol. My parents are active members of AA and Al-anon since I can remember. I have heard numerous stories and been in more meetings on both sides than I can count. So I thought I knew the signs and the circumstances and all the above as to the what, why, when, where, and who could be an alcoholic. I now am taking responsibility of my own actions and changing my future to better myself. I am the only thing I can control. Me, Myself, and I.
I have always been a "sundowner". I never drank the first drop until it was the acceptable hour to drink. After 4 o'clock, unless it was Saturday or Sunday that would be after 12 o'clock. I have raised my three children to be productive members of society. I have held down a job responsibly and have climbed the ladder successfully. I have been married for 20 years. I have a nice home, cars, boats, a vacation spot. I am well educated, caring, charismatic and very talented musically and artistically.
Even with just the few blessings I have mentioned here, I am still an alcoholic.

I will pray for you...you pray for me too. It can't be cured, but it can be beaten I have faith in that!