Thread: Where is he?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JBatt

Where is he?

I've only posted once before -- still pretty new here but I've been encouraged by your posts. I cannot deal with the ups and downs of his addiction any more. This time last week we had just returned from a wonderful week away in Colorado. We had an amazing time with our girls. On Monday we bought new flooring for the bedrooms and began installing it. I was so hopeful that the week away from the people and circumstances here at home was gong to be a really good start toward him getting his head straight. Not so.

This morning I'm sitting here not having seen or heard from him in almost 48 hours. It's been years since he's stayed away this long. He may be gone a night, but he's usually creeping in around 6:00. I waited until this morning to contact his three closest friends. None have had contact. I did something I haven't done in months and pulled up our wireless account to check recent calls/texts. He hasn't used his phone since just a few minutes after I last saw him. Of course his phone is dead right now. I checked the county jail and thankfully he isn't there. I had a heart attack about 10 minutes ago when an ambulance with flashing lights used our driveway to turn around in. Basically, I have just done this checking up this morning to try to help me decide whether I need to be concerned for his immediate safety.

In his words, he is "a grown ass man," and I am trying to remember that. I dread him coming home at this point because who knows what that will look like? Just sharing and open to some wisdom from you all who have been and are on this same path.