View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Hypernova

Happy Sunday all Day 64, nothing special today just another work day, not off now until Tues and just the one day off this week so I'll have to make good use of it.

Thanks for the welcome KaleGrrl

Congrats on day 7 Allie, 1st week is in the books! fight the good fight.
I don't live with a drinker, my wife doesn't drink a lot, probably seen her drunk a handful of times in our 29 years of marriage but similar story is smoking, I quit smoking 8 years ago (I quit drinking on the same day I quit smoking May 31 only 8 years apart, didn't plan it that way just happened lol) and she didn't, she still smoked in the house, in the car, right beside me and it bothered me and I told her so and I wished that she would quit and I told her so.

Speed up 8 years and she still smokes in the house and I'll either go outside or to the garage, she smokes in the car and I put the windows down, I'm not going to change her or expect her to change for me, that's on her but what I can do is change me and the way I think, deal and handle things and not once did I pick up a smoke in these last 8 years. I don't know if I'd have the same mindset if it was alcohol, I'm not in that situation but there is wine in the fridge and she has had a drink by the bonfire and I choose not to drink.

Have a great day everyone