View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Grateful11

Happy August everyone!

Determined - I love what you wrote today. I think that is another reason I have been feeling down and unsettled. My professional life is great but I just feel very empty inside. This on top of my recent divorce and now my kids being away has really thrown me off the last couple of weeks.

Divorce is a very lonely place. I am realizing that I might need to find a separate support group for that. I was getting frustrated with my family because I felt like they didn't care but now I am realizing slowly that it is similar to addiction - they have not been through it so they simply can not understand the pain I am in right now.

That is why all of you have been so important to me on this road to recovery from poison and self-sabotage - you all get it.

I'm looking forward to a great month sober. I miss my kids but it is temporary. I decided to take advantage of all this alone time and turn it into a time to work on myself. Kind of like my own rehab - clean eating, yoga, writing in a journal, reflection, meetings, good sleep, reading, crochet, dance, playing guitar, etc. I want to focus on making myself a better person so that when my kids are back I can be the best Mom I can be for them and for myself.

"It is the set of sails, not the direction of the wind that determines which way we will go."-Jim Rohn