View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 11:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
benefits

Thanks for the suggestion escape artist - my son does get to play with this little boy - they are neighbors to my exhusband so he plays with him when he is over there. He really doesn't like this boy enough to want to invite him to our house to play. If he is having friends over at our house he would rather have his friends from school or the neighbors. The problem is that he would rather play with this kid all day than go to a babysitter. The babysitter has structure and rules, etc. I'm guessing playing with Caleb would be just that - playtime. It's just so frustrating that because my ex is so bitter he has to always do stuff to make my life miserable. Like today I was so excited about getting my son after work today because he was with his dad since Sunday but now because I can only imagine what his father has filled his head with I have in the back of my mind what will I have to deal with. Will he be his happy go lucky self or will he be miserable?? I don't want to even have to deal with the issue of why he isn't going to Caleb's mommy for the summer. It is so frustrating. I live my life I do the best I can I am happy, my son is happy, I have a good family, I have good friends I could go on and on - but I have this man whose only goal in life is to aggrevate me. And yes I know I shouldn't let him get to me and if he was not the father of my child he would not get to me however when he is threatening to take him to a new daycare provider, or he's telling him awful (and untrue) things about me and just in general being a jerk it does get to me. Anyone reading this who is thinking about having children with their partner - even if he is not an A - take my advice be very very careful - there were a lot of things I saw in this man that were very clear indicators of how he would be in a divorce situation - however I didn't plan the pregnancy - although I wouldn't trade him for the world - it is just so very difficult having to deal with all of this and it is hell on the kids. My ex told my son that I was going to get married again and have a new family and then I wouldn't want him anymore. Imagine how that must feel to a child. It's awful. Please please please listen to what I'm saying before you have children - make sure you know your partner.
Okay I'm off my soapbox.