View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
BringingBackB
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Bluebird - I would definitely recommend mindfulness. It helps me see the toughts passing through my head as what they are - just thoughts. I don't have to act on them.

Maybe you could set aside an hour or so each day to just do what you actually want to do? Life balance has always been a problem for me as I struggle to switch off, but at the moment I am making that time for myself and trying to just let my mind do what it wants to do, whether it be read, or just sit.

I have also found that if I don't create any 'me' time and don't find time to do something enjoyable, rather than things I am required to do, I get very down, which usually starts a craving, which leads to an urge etc etc..... I have realised that over the past few years, I've not been getting enough of that 'me' time, not been engaging in hobbies or fun activities and instead trying to please other people. Especially at work, which is probably why having a month out of work to 'rehabilitate' myself is helping. So if you are like me, feeling guilty about taking some personal time will just perpetuate the vicious cycle which you have turned to your DOC to cope with?

Hope this helps and makes some sort of sense.
B