View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
letitgo

Originally Posted by Bluebird2007 View Post
Hello everyone

I have trouble doing relaxing things without feeling guilty. If I'm not at work, I feel that I should be doing jobs at home. I think, for me, drinking was a way of getting out of this mentality and I would continue doing jobs during my first couple of drinks until I forgot to care anymore.

If I'm away on holiday it's fine and I feel ok about reading a book etc. but on an evening and weekend at home I feel bad if I'm not doing something 'productive'. The sun is out here (for once) but the thought of putting a blanket on the lawn and reading a book seems inappropriately indulgent and I feel that I should be ironing instead! Part of me thinks that I should get my chores done first and then relax but, to be honest, I feel like I have that much to do in and out of the house that I would never be in a 'finished' state. Does anyone else have this experience? What messages do you give yourself?

Apologies if this sounds trivial but I put a lot of pressure on myself, which I think has been part of my problem, and I'd like to fix this so it doesn't bite me at some point in the future.

Be mindfull of the moment. When you are at work concentrate on being at work. It's very easy to let our thoughts take us to everywhere except where we are.
I get anxious if things are done around the house. I rationalize it's not like the chores are going anywhere nor will it cause any damage to put them off for a bit. My own internal self conflict.
If you don't get a lot of sun I would make a priority to get outside. Fresh air and vitamin d. Chores will be there still so just do them later. Try to relax because weekends go by so quickly. Have a great day!!