View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Bluebird2007

Hello everyone

I have trouble doing relaxing things without feeling guilty. If I'm not at work, I feel that I should be doing jobs at home. I think, for me, drinking was a way of getting out of this mentality and I would continue doing jobs during my first couple of drinks until I forgot to care anymore.

If I'm away on holiday it's fine and I feel ok about reading a book etc. but on an evening and weekend at home I feel bad if I'm not doing something 'productive'. The sun is out here (for once) but the thought of putting a blanket on the lawn and reading a book seems inappropriately indulgent and I feel that I should be ironing instead! Part of me thinks that I should get my chores done first and then relax but, to be honest, I feel like I have that much to do in and out of the house that I would never be in a 'finished' state. Does anyone else have this experience? What messages do you give yourself?

Apologies if this sounds trivial but I put a lot of pressure on myself, which I think has been part of my problem, and I'd like to fix this so it doesn't bite me at some point in the future.