View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 12:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
MythOfSisyphus

Thanks everyone! Mostly it feels great but there's a bit of the old "well, now what?" feeling in there, too. I've spent over five years working towards this goal, and now that I have reached it there's an anticlimactic feeling to a small degree. The heavens didn't part and give me any revelation, it's just a Bachelor's degree.

Still, it's a step that means a lot to me. I was a real geek in high school, the brainy nerd guy that was supposed to be a scientist or something. Booze derailed that plan and I quit college the first time after my first two years. By most measures my life has been fairly good but money aside I have always intended to go back and finish what I started. Ultimately I wound up starting over with not a lot of transfer credits; that and the need to work FT and attend school around that made it a more time consuming effort it would be for a younger fellow.

I feel I have kind of earned a bit of a break! I will continue to work my current job for at least a month or two before I actively look for something better. It will be nice to have a somewhat carefree life for a time before I commit to the next big thing, whatever it is.