View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
redatlanta

How long has it been like this? I am trying to figure out if there is a correlation moderating and lack of closeness? Were you more intimate when he was drinking?

All that aside alcoholism kills a sex life and I am sorry to say when they stop drinking it doesn't mean its going to come back. I agree with the other poster who said it sounds like he is avoiding you in situations that might end up sexual and offering you affection in situations where he knows its not going to happen.

I need to approach this with him and would like to be able to tell him the minimum I expect from him emotionally to live right now - I really feel like this is a deal-breaker - and if he can't we need to devolve to "roommates" until he can
provide it.
Is this a Boundary or an Ultimatum? I will be honest I don't think telling someone a "minimum" of how they are going to behave emotionally whom is still an active alcoholic will net you a great result. It usually doesn't work with Sober people either.

Perhaps its time to lay some boundaries about living with an active alcoholic. Perhaps its time to address the elephant in the room that while the situation is improved, its still not where it should be.