View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
mcfearless

Originally Posted by OnMyWay7 View Post
Almost 7 months sober and I've been on a 10 day vacation on a tour in Italy with my SO (who were currently separated but living together) and my four kids all under 14. Today was the first day that I was really losing my patience and all I wanted was 15 minutes alone. I thought about a glass of wine after about 5 minutes alone but I'm happy my first thought wasn't a drink - all I wanted was some peace and quiet. So I'm in the hotel lobby using the Hiltons wifi in Venice taking some time.

Just letting new comers know it gets easier. I used to think about drinking every minute, then every hour and now I can go a day without having to think about it.
I just had the realization that for the very first time in my entire post being a drunk life....not only have I now gone days without thinking about drinking, I've started to go days without even thinking about not thinking about drinking. If that makes any sense ?

I think I might be starting to come out of the other side of this thing. On the rare occasion alcohol has come into my mind, the knee jerk reaction to spit out that thought finally overpowers the voice that tells me to drink.