View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 07:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
benefits

Need Help Fast!!!!!!!

Hi, I need help fast - this is off the topic of A but about parenting. My exhusband (a huge jacka$$) called me today arguing about the childcare for our son for the summer - long story but basically he wants to change our agreement and have his nephews wife watch our child because they are neighbors and it is convenient for him. Long story short I don't want him there because her husband who is not currently living there has a long history of drug abuse as well as being arrested for physically abusing her while she was pregnant with 2nd child and also abusing her oldest son (at age 9). He has left her 4 times and ends up in jail or a crack house or wherever then he finds God comes back and a few months later is off the wagon again. So needless to say I don't feel comfortable with that situation and I don't want my son there. So the ex tells me today that our son would rather go there and wants to know why he can't. The noble ex tells him well you have to talk to mommy about that she said you can't go there. What a guy!!! So my question is what do I tell him. He is 7 yrs old. My initial thought was to just tell him that Caleb's daddy did some bad things to Caleb's mommy and family and I don't feel that it is a good idea for him to be there just in case Caleb's daddy comes back, etc. Then I know this will lead to more questions. I don't know how much to tell him. My other thought is to just say he can't go there because I am the mommy and I don't think it is in his best interest. But that will lead to more questions. What should I do??? Of course if his a$$hole father wouldn't have told him Caleb's mommy was going to watch him in the first place (even though he knows that is in violation of our agreement) I wouldn't have to worry about this - but of course he wants to make me look like the bad guy!!!!