View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 06:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
GettingBy

Dar,

My initial reaction to your post is to say, "All things for a reason." Maybe there is a reason that the counselor dropped your husband, maybe he (your husband) wasn't really putting in the effort he needed to be. Maybe the system is working? Maybe jail time (as hard as it may be for both of you) is what your husband needs right now. I know it's hard to detach from the situation, but maybe the PO, the counselor, and the courts are seeing something that you aren't/can't right now. Maybe the PO didn't tell your husband to find another counselor, because it's really your husband's responsibility to keep himself in counselling? I don't know. I can completely relate to your frustrations with the situation, but maybe it's time to detach and let the courts do their thing.

Take what you like and leave the rest,
Shannon (I'm also in NY and know how tough the courts can be, especially about DWIs)

P.S. I don't think YOU should be the one calling your husband's PO. That's doing for you husband what he SHOULD be doing himself (AKA enabling)