View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 02:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MythOfSisyphus

Finished with school!

I must confess to feeling kind of weird; I just finished the last assignment I'll ever have to do towards my Bachelor's degree! Most of my classes have been traditional on-campus, brick-and-mortar type affairs, but I have a couple of online- and online-classroom hybrid ones as well. I had one last test to take online on the very last day of the very last class I have to take! To be sure I have a bit more to do. Gotta go to the business office and make arrangements, reimage my school laptop, apply for graduation, etc. But the reality is, when it comes to class, I'M DONE!!!

It's a really chaotic mix of feelings, moreso than I thought it would be! I'm glad to be reaching the end of a very long, winding road that I set on years ago. But it's also an end to an interesting chapter of my life, a time of transition to the "next step" which is that scary old real world! I feel time is really passing, part of me wants to just sit down for a minute and catch my breath.

I'm not sure if I would have ever reached this point if I hadn't stopped drinking. Or at least it would have taken [even] longer!

For now I'm content to just unwind, decompress and reflect. And maybe crow a little bit!