View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
phoebe64

Hi gang. I have been reading quickly but not posting. We were somewHat unplugged on the island, no wifi and eating data big time. So, we just tried to not use our phones much.

It was a very relaxing place, amazing scenery, and very taciturn for a place so close to bustling NYC and Long Island. The East end of LI is like another world from NYC. Miles of vineyards, which we did not visit but made for a beautiful drive. Also oyster pond and lavender farms along our ride to the New Haven ferry today. Kids got a bit bored on Shelter Island. Only 2000 year round residents! But they did enjoy the beach and tried paddle boarding. It would have been better with bikes and some games. I expected my cousin would have games at the house, but they did not. It was lovely for husband and I. We enjoyed taking a few scenic drives around the island and dreaming about living in some of the more grand homes. On the front end, we had a nice visit with older aunties and a second cousin and her mom.

Sorry to read of your struggles Arbor. Stick with us. I have relapsed so many times since joining here. Not promoting that, but we surely all understand it. It takes some of us a few tries to get there. This is a strong and inspirational group. I feel hopeful and gain strength from all of you.

I need to catch up more on the last day or so. And can share some pictures once I get on my computer and put some on photobucket.