View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Friends of the Library bookstore was having a 75% off sale. Got all these books for $10.25 and could have bought a bunch more if I wasn't on my bicycle with only my small shoulder bag. My dad goes every Saturday morning. Perhaps I'll go with him this Saturday so I can buy some more without having to worry about getting them home.

You can see my sobriety chips in the background too. I found a little shadowbox frame last week that I'm mounting them in. I usually keep my keys and wallet where I laid those books down so I see the chips every time I'm getting ready to leave the house. Good reminder of how far I've come and where I'm headed if I keep growing in my recovery. There's enough room in that frame for one year's worth of chips. Can't wait to add the next one on August 8!

Noon AA meeting was good. Topic was acceptance--ie, accepting you're an alcoholic and also (and more importantly for me today) accepting that you can't control other people, places, or things.

Bicycle ride home was long (about 2.75 miles) and hard with those heavy books but it was worth it. Now it's time for a short nap. Not going to the pool until tomorrow. I might go see Ant-Man in a little while. It won't be in IMAX 3-D here after today since the Mission Impossible movie is about to open.