View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  
forabetterlife

Toki, I am in the same situation with health insurance and I sit in meetings at work about it and I literally want so scream. For myself and my two daughters, it would cost me literally 1/4 of my pay each month. And the coverage isn't even that great. It totally infuriates me. And , yes, frustrations like that make me feel helpless and spark up my AV too.

I spent hours and hours this week filing paperwork with two separate companies to start getting my student loans out of default. This is another issue I lose sleep over and drink over. Interestingly, I am a week sober and finally handling it - Something I could have done almost a year ago.

It's truly amazing how things seems so overwhelming and unmanageable when we are in the fog and cycle of drinking. Too much time, energy and thinking spent on drinking it, buying it, hiding it, disposing of it, planning for it, and suffering from the effects of it. Then it's all I can do to just get though my basic responsibilities, forget about anything above or beyond.

Ending day 7. Nights are tough, I want to drink but know I won't, feel a little resentful about it and just kind of want to go to bed and sleep the night away. I remember this is typical for me from previous sober times. It's really hard for me to just be home and relax in the evenings without drinking. But I'll get there, everything else feels too good to give this up.