View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
tokidoki

Hello Julyers (or 'Julysters'- liking that too, BBB)

Welcome to new members!

I'm glad to read all your posts.

Need to tell you what happened yesterday.
Okay, so I'm at the coffee shop drinking my chai latter with a good friend. We're having a great time gabbing about whatever. Since we will be working together (again) this coming school year, I ask her about how the health benefits have changed. She says (and I shouldn't have been surprised). "Well you know, toki, that family insurance plan still sucks so if you do sign up it will be xx amount a month. Yeah, it is a lot, takes away a huge chunk of the paycheck....)

So I drive home in full-on internal rant mode. My thoughts are something like "Well, wouldn't ya know.... here it goes once again... some things never change... gotta worry about health insurance for the umpteenth time... and other countries more or less have this down, and yet we have these ridiculous nitwit politicians saying this 'oh yeah, but here in 'Murika' we have the best system in the world'.... Blad-diddy-blah-blah.
Frickety-frack.

Well, this is where the AV starts raising its irritating whine, and it's all I can do not to swing by any random wine shop.

But I check in here and start reading posts. Start identifying with you all. Stop feeling sorry for myself. Begin feeling that 'kindship of suffering' thing.
Yes!

Today's been a pleasantly dull day. Maybe placid is a better word.

Placid is good.

You all are great.

Thanks!
a grateful toki