Old 07-28-2015, 01:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CP1987

New to Site (wanted to post in this thread as well)

Hey everyone. This is my first post, Ive been stalking the boards all day reading though and This place feels like a great way to help keep me accountable and has a real sense of community.

A little about me:
Im 28 and the mother to 2 precious kids (6.5 and 8 months). Newly remarried last month to a wonderful man who genuinely makes me happy. I have always assumed that my drinking was because I was unhappy or something was missing from my life, but the fact that I have relapsed hard this past month makes that assumption pretty invalid. I have been a problem drinker, that very quickly turned into an alcoholic, since I was 17. Never drank while pregnant with either of my children, so it is possible for me to just stop cold turkey...Why is it so hard to stay that way? UGH. Well its day 4 on this journey of sobriety for me yet again. My daughter is too old now and completely understands when "mom isnt acting right". I dont want to cause her any future problems or add to them (although i have to say, she is an incredibly well adjusted,smart,happy kid from all i see). I also would be subject to my Ex husbands wrath if he found out about my relapse. We share a 4day/3day a week custody arrangement , so it would not take long for the cat to be out of the bag. AA around here is not something I can do, based upon availability times and my work schedule. I am committed to recovery, So in addition in returning to church, and creating a more formal structure in my home, I wanted to join this community for added support. Thank you all for being here to help through this process!