View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
charliesworld

Hi Everyone. Tuesday night here and I'm looking forward to a day off with my kids tomorrow and going out with a friend and hers.

Hang in there those of you that are struggling. It's hard in the early days but as time goes on it gets easier and easier.

I'm not counting days - there's no point as I have months between binges anyway. I had a melt down yesterday. My sister did something and although I was on my own I completely lost it. I was crying uncontrollably and was so upset and in pain (emotionally) I was seriously thinking I can't take this anymore. I got really tired and made up a make-shift bed in my office and fell asleep - for 3 hours!! Last night I didn't sleep well but feel much better today.

After all this time I know that staying sober is very much down to me learning to deal with negative emotions better. I honestly think it won't be long now before people figure out that emotional intelligence is massively important and should be taught in some way to our kids so they don't have to turn to substances to escape them like we have.

Aside from that I made my last apologies tonight about missing last week because I was "ill" so that binge is done and I can forget it and move on.

Night guys. I'll log on again tomorrow. xx