Old 07-28-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

Congratulations on two months, that's fantastic!
You've been through a lot for someone your age. Your desire and willingness to change are laudable.

I find for me that face to face support along with SR and other sober friends helps a lot. People who are in the "kinship of suffering" know what each other are going through and how difficult the challenges can be. There is also recognition of various periods of sobriety which I found very supportive.

I think we need to recognize as other friends here have posted that normal people don't necessarily herald us for doing the right thing - staying sober. For me what I do and how I live life fully is the fruits of my reward. All else really and our expectations of others behaviors will always leave us short and unfulfilled.

I read your profile this morning - you believe in one that suffered much and asked for no reward. Pray for His guidance daily, draw from that well and you will be sustained

So glad your'e here with us!! ABQ is wonderful place to stay sober - you can help so many others in time........