View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 02:40 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  
Tooshabby

If not now, then when? Thanks Bluebird :-) I'm nearly 50 so I had better make it now. Seriously though, I've spent a lot of time over the last 15 years getting drunk. I don't want to waste any more of it (my own, and the time of the people I love).

That's spooky you just posted that quote BBB....I just mentioned the very same to my partner yesterday because he's reading The Great Gatsby and, as you probably know, F. Scott Fitzgerald said it. Apparently, he and Ernest Hemingway used to hit the booze together quite hard and frequently.

I thought about wine on the way home from work tonight. Not getting it, just about it, which was scary enough. It's made quite a radical difference for me this conceptualisation of the 'AV' that everyone is talking about. It used to feel like there were two of me warring with one another. With this concept I can gain perspective and see there is just one essential me, and a very stealthy, determined and dangerous AV which I am nonetheless capable of ignoring.

May the force be with you, Julyers !