View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Thanks everyone for the support. For those confused by the pills. I'm on Antabuse. If I drink on it I get sick. My husband administers it to me daily and checks my mouth to make sure I swallow. It's humiliating, but the doctor specifically requested he do this. He left them out yesterday and I hid them from him today. He never noticed and he will be home long after I'm in bed. I can't drink today because I will get ill, but in a few days it will be out of my system enough to drink. I hope I buck up before then. I know this is my journey and I need to embrace it and walk the walk.
So what's the plan? Are you already planning on drinking once the Antabuse is out of your system? Are you still going to therapy starting next month? What are you going to do when your husband does finally notice the pills are missing?

I hope you change your mind and put the pills back where your husband left them. Hiding the pills is the kind of decision your addiction would make. Embrace your recovery. It's a better way of life. You are in my thoughts and prayers tonight, Amanda.