Thread: Acceptance??
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 04:27 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
tomsteve

If you can " just grab a beer", then it reads like alcohol is in your house. Get rid of it. Don't allow it in your house.

I don't know what a maintenance drinker is, but it reads like drinking like an alcoholic and for the same reason many others drink- underlying issues:
I look at myself in the mirror and hate who I am.
I hadn't looked in the mirror at myself for a very long time until I got sober. I (thought I) was a worthless,useless,helpless,hopeless POS.
Going to meetings, getting a big book, reading it over and over, doing what the big book and others at meetings suggested, and doing it one day at a time, I have received all of the promises the program has to offer, not just the ninth step promises heard at meetings.
it was a serious fight not to drink early on. Well worth every second of fight.
Which I no longer fight alcohol. The problem has been removed. It no longer exists.
ODAAT.
Pray like crazy
Go to meetings
Don't drink in between

"How do I do this? "
You have two meetings you can attend? Attend em both. Get a big book. Read it.read it more than one. The first 164 pages are the program. Personal stories afterwards.Get more numbers. Call em. Just to say hi even.
Pray for A sponsor to be put in your path( don't know what a sponsor is? There's a pamphlet titled "questions and answers about sponsorship." look it up on the www and look for it at a meeting). Then listen at meetings for your sponsor.
You are not alone any more if you chose not to be. your also going to have to open up and share at the meetings. I would strongly encourage you that if a meeting is a topic meeting, to suggest the first step or what it was like, what happened and what it like now.
It's been a. Wild journey through sobriety for me. Life on life's terms has been pretty cool!
I'm living and no longer existing!!,