View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
forabetterlife

JL, so glad you go through the tough time!
Jimuk, Glad you are here. It is a tough journey at times, but as you learned a few years ago, it is beyond rewarding.
Bob, getting home at 3 would have been a hard time for me too, but you did all the right things...eating, exercising...you are doing this
Toki.. Absolutely about the smallest tasks being a chore when drinking. And by drinking, it's not always drinking at that moment. Just the fact that I drank the day before, and I'm already planning on drinking eventually that day/evening ...its just IN me and it affects everything I do, how I think. I accomplished tasks these past 5 days that have been on my list of things to do since Memorial Day weekend. Amazing.

Today wasn't the greatest day for me. Just one of those days where I was going through the motions. At a few points during the day, I was just MAD that I can't drink. I know there are better days ahead, days where I will feel better, look better, and have a better attitude. I didn't drink and that makes today a good day

I downloaded the Calm app that a few of you had mentioned last week. I think I will like it, I did the 2 minute meditation and will do another longer one before bed. It's things like this that I would never in a million years do if I was drinking.
It feels good.