View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bamaral

Thanks. I do know what needs to happen and I ask him what he is doing to make plans to move out and get help and he says he is doing what he needs to. He is going to a therapist as he believes a lot of what he is dealing with is driven from the fact he was molested by his brother when he was young. He is also seeing a psychiatrist. But, that doesn't help with the addiction issue. Going to a NA meeting once a weekend doesn't work for me. He lays the guilt of "well, if I have to move Im going to lose my son cuz I can't afford an apartment and to take care of him". Gee....but he apparently thinks it is OK for him to only give me $200 a week to keep a roof over his and his sons heads and keep food in the cabinets. Sorry, Im just venting. But, it is always an excuse. My step-son's mother is an alcoholic. So, regardless of where he ends up living, there are issues with both his parents. His mother seems to be in a better place at this point and has likely been sober for a while now. But she frequently checks herself into treatment somewhere for 30 days or so. When I have tried forcing the hand about him moving out, he threatens to break things, tear down work he has done around the house, etc. I really just don't want to deal with that. I have been to Nar-Anon meetings before several years ago. I met some good friends there, a few who I talk to still. Thanks for listening. I appreciate it.