View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 04:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Godblessu
Godblessu

Thanks for replying. I have attended Alanon meeting twice. What a great fellowship. After attended just one meeting, I learned to find peace and take care of myself and my two little girls, age 3 and 1. I wished I could have found Alanon a lot sooner before I wasted my energy trying to change him which only resulted in pain, heartache, worry, fear, obsession and other stuff that goes along with it. Through Alanon, I learned more about the disease itself. It has been so long since I experienced peace and serenety...I almost forgot what it feels like. Now, I am own my path to recovery and it is great to feel peace again.
To brightlight - My A also found it no fun since I do not bother with his drinking anymore. He still tried to provoke my reaction, but i just ignore it. Last night, we went home drunk and woke me up cause he wanted to interact with me. I ignored him and he left me alone after a while. This morning, I said good morning to him and didn't asked him about last night at all and he didn't mentioned it either.
To Queenshenique - My A found sobriety through AA. I would said he wasnot a dry drunk although he does get depressed every so often. He was sober for 5 years before I met him. He told me about his spiritual path long time ago when he was in AA. You wrote that the spiritual path cannot be forgotten when they relapse. Can you explain more about this? Did my A just completely forgot about it? As a sober alcoholic, what is your take on what does happened to spiritual awakening when an A relapse. Thanks