View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
charliesworld

Hi - I just thought I'd put my 2 penneth. I am you. My binges are down to 2/3 a year but when I go for it I go big time.

Does it matter if I label it? Does it even matter that I do it? I'm self employed so from that perspective me losing a few days 2 or 3 times a year bit of a problem but not massive.

If I lived on my own and I wasn't in contact with anyone and I didn't care if I lived or died then no. Why would it be a problem?

It is a problem for me because my family suffer when I do it. It is a problem because they need me and if I died they would be lost. And I should have died probably many times over with the amount I have in one sitting.

This last one I had was bad enough that I came back here (I was here many years ago as someone who drank a lot frequently).

I struggle because I enjoy it. I get perverse pleasure in not having anything to worry about other than getting drunk but it hurts the people around me and that's why I need to never do it again. I don't need to label it and I don't need anyone else to label me either. I actually cringe when I see people saying "Hi my is name ?? and I'm an ???" No offence meant to anyone who finds comfort and relief in that btw but it's not my thing.

I would suggest the fact you are here is the only answer you need to tell you you think you have a problem and perhaps need to deal with it..