View Single Post
Old 01-24-2003, 11:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
matters

Hello christi! Welcome to the board!

My husband is a alcoholic as well. We have been married for 25 yrs. and have three children, 22 (son), 18 (daughter),and14 (daughter). I have done it all from pouring the bottles and cans of beer down the sink to playing Mom. None of it did any good except probably raise my blood pressure. You think you are feeling better as you scold or give detailed lectures but it doesn't help. We have been through alot over the years and not until recently has he wanted to get help on his own. He now goes to AA meetings and is trying. He still drinks, but not everyday now at least. He will go for a few days and then get stressed and drink again. I keep praying for him. This place has helped me tremendously. I have stopped saying things to him. When he has been drinking I just say hello when I come home from work and try to ignore him.He is sleeping on the couch as I type this. It was hard at first but I'm getting better at it. It is up to him to stop and up to me to take care of myself!! You can have a life if you choose to stay and don't forget that!

All the best and keep coming back,
matters