View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
PixieD

HopePeace.. I completely understand how you feel. I find myself home very often now whilst everyone is out having "so called fun" At the beginning i didnt tell anyone i had quit drinking so it was easy for me as i didnt put the added stress of what anyone was going to think or make myself feel left out. Slowly people have realized i have quit & staying home has actually become enjoyable. I grew up in downtown Toronto but now I live on a small Caribbean island & at nights the only real thing to do here is go out drinking. I've had to train myself that it's ok not to be running around at all hours like a fool. Bf can do it as he has more control than i do & frankly i would always end up in some sort of trouble like Wastinglife mentioned. Difference here is you pass out & a centipede will bite your butt! Not sure where you're from but there are so many safer options in larger cities for you to do then drinking at nights. Especially if looking for new things to do for yourself. I like what Nestwasempty said about it not mattering what day of the week it is. All about re-training your own brain.
Thanks for the post because i also enjoyed the responses! congrats on 10 days!