Thread: New
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
FrankLapidas

Originally Posted by Tooshabby View Post
AA didn't suit me either. That's so lovely you are looking after your mother. I know someone who has just moved to another city 'for a better life'. Her mother has dementia and her rationale is she won't notice. Didn't really sit with me that. Sounds like you're doing great :-)
Originally Posted by Cissy View Post
What I love about you "Frank" is that when you open up, you are so available and so honest, but when you shut down, you're like Fort Knox. (Don't love that part.)

Do you want to tell us what taking care of your mom entails? What's her physical/mental/emotional status?
Well, Shabby, she took care of me when I was Little Frank, seems only fair. It limits my options and contributes to my isolation, but that's okay. She's worth it.

Cissy . . . "Fort Knox" or "available and honest" . . . I do everything to excess, always have. Which I know is not good. My mother broke her hip, which is not good for a woman of that age. She's also 99% blind (glaucoma) and about 98% deaf. The good news is that she's still mentally sharp, in contrast to most of the women on her side of the family tree who go nutty as a fruitcake when they get older.